So I pulled in our two Testers, Andy Bell (@acidphire21) and Stephen Rowe to talk about the joys and realities of being a games tester.
Here is a rough order of things we talk about, no transcript I'm afraid.
- What Reality Bomb would you drop on someone looking to be a tester?
- The Best Parts of the job?
- Qualifications and Skills
- How do you keep things fresh and test in new ways?
- Software and Reporting Tools
- We talk about Glo and the unique challanges of QA internal IP
- What's the difference between a fix, feature or pipe dream?
- Difficulty how do you test that?
- How do you test a Tutorial for something you already understand?
- Motion Controller Testing
- Favourite console to test on?
- QA Pains and Nightmares?
- Worst console to test on?
- Doing builds and signing them off?
- NDA Pains
- Blame Day, and bouncing bugs
Hope you enjoyed this week. Please provide feedback
- Comment on the Blog Post
- Poke me on Twitter (@EvilKimau)
- Suggest new topics on our Topics Suggestion Page.