A year ago ago I signed up to this service, TimeHop, which emails me my tweets and status updates from a year ago, and it has been strangely motivating. To see my growth, challenges and remind me of my goals, my dreams, my successes and my failures.
So this week a year ago I was...
- Listening to this classic song while improving my Starcraft 2 Laddering position of course.
- Working Hard: Quote “Stress + Overtime = Weight gain -> More Stress -> Stress + Overtime... (T_T)”
- Learning to use Blender: -broken link-
- Bitching about it’s lack of ngons, which it now has in dev branch (^_^) Great job guys!
- Which led to this game asset: -broken links-
BE ASPIRATIONAL!If you're reading AltDev, or better yet contributing, you have at least made the first steps. I encourage you to draw up a bucket list or a dream list of stuff you want to do! Try Schemer!
Start your list with some traditional gamedev skills.
- Make “Hello World”
- Make Pong
- Make Particle Fountain
- Draw Flour Sack Animation
- Draw Human Hand
- Model Something on Your Desk
- Invent a Card Game using a normal playing deck
- Make a Boardgame
- Write a Roleplaying Module
- Cook a Quiche
- Crochet a Scarf
- Model something out of clay
- Learn to Cat Yodel
Everyone I’ve ever met worth anything wanted to me worth more.
P.S. Sorry about the fluffy post but I got super fired up and needed to shout!P.P.S Also there are similiar services to TimeHop & Schemer. They just happen to be the ones I’m using. P.P.P.S Should I think things through more and be less impulsive... maybe P.P.P.P.S I really will do a more technical, solid post next time I promise. P.P.P.P.P.S: Can you make a recursive Post Script? I wonder...